View Single Post
Old 09-10-22, 04:50 PM
nlerner

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3811 Post(s)
Liked 6,711 Times in 2,613 Posts
For sale: 3 internal gear hub wheels

Thinning the rim closet! These three rear wheels are keen to convert your ride into a “club” bike, ready to ramble over the hills and dales of the English countryside or your USA equivalent:

1) Sturmey Archer alloy shell AW 3-speed laced to a Rigida 40-hole 650b alloy rim: SOLD!

I built this up a couple of years back and tried it out on a frame that was hanging in the basement. Worked fine, but ended up selling off that frame. Sale includes a set of Panaracer Col de la via 650b x 38mm tires with lots of life left. Hub hardware is complete, and I’ll also throw in a Sturmey Archer 3-speed trigger shifter. Price is $75 shipped in the CONUS.

2) Sturmey Archer 1951 alloy shell AM 3-speed medium ratio hub laced to a 27” made-in-Holland alloy rim: SOLD!

I built this up for a 1951 Raleigh Clubman as the original Dunlop rim was kind of square. The AM is a fun hub; the three speeds are fast, faster, and fastest! Hub is complete, including rare two-piece indicator, and I’ll include a trigger shifter. Price is $100 shipped in the CONUS.

3) Replica Bendix 2-speed kickback hub with coaster brake laced to a no-name 700c rim: SOLD!

I bought this Indian-made hub from Soma when it came out last year, and built the wheel up last winter. Unfortunately I can’t get the hub to shift gears, no matter how much I kick back. Perhaps I’m doing something wrong. So this is a new hub, new rim, new spokes, but it’ll take some problem solving to make it work. Price is $50 shipped in the CONUS.

I have lots of other Sturmey Archer drivetrain bits if there’s a need. Let me know.

Last edited by nlerner; 09-13-22 at 07:15 PM.