Old 02-10-22, 07:19 AM
TennBent

Bikes: BMC Roadmachine, Obed Baseline

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube42
Probably all my fault, since I've left the dark side and come back to the light. Not that I posted there much; it's the butterfly effect: One long time 'bent rider in Portland goes wedgie, and the whole thing collapses.
Phew, I was afraid it was me. I left the dark side last year after 22 years of 'bent riding. In fact, there were a few of us that went back to uprights last year. Maybe it was just a cumulative effect. LOL.

I did like to pop in though just to see what was going on and there was always the chance that I might be able to answer a question based on my experiences. I have been a member of Bentrider since nearly the beginning and it is sad to possibly be witnessing it's death throes. I have only managed to get into it once a few weeks ago and only for a couple of minutes. Bryan had most recently said that it is a Plesk issue which sounds to me that it is something to be handled more at the ISP level. I just wish he would be more forthcoming about what he does or does not want to do about it. It's too bad because last year there was a member who said that he would be happy to take on the responsibility if Bryan no longer wanted to be involved. He said he would take on the hosting requirements and would upgrade the software to a modern version as well as get everything on https. Obviously, nothing came of it.

I agree with Steamer that if folks need to move on to something else, then Recumbent Riders.org would probably be best for now.