View Single Post
Old 03-14-22, 04:01 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4385 Post(s)
Liked 4,827 Times in 2,983 Posts
Originally Posted by Chandne
The older BMCs were absolutely amazing. The newer ones seems to be more harsh and stiff. I think the Domane wold be a bit too much and would not be a good climber (certainly nowhere like my BMC which is light and compliant) but I still like the Roubaix and Synapse. I'd prob now lean towards the Roubaix for its future shock and higher stack height. I don't know much about the Canyons but I do see more here in Colorado. I saw a couple on yesterday's ride so I am more curious about them now.
I just bought a new Canyon Endurace CF SL8 eTap and I've only ridden a couple of local loops on it, but I'm very impressed. It has even better ride comfort than my Giant Defy (which was quite comfy) and it's a lot quieter. My Defy was always a bit rattly on rough roads, front end mainly. I think the much wider DT Swiss ERC1400 rims make a big difference (22 mm vs 17 mm internal). It came fitted with the latest 30 mm Conti GP5000S TR too, so no skimping there. The split seatpost is very effective and the carbon bars damp out most of the front end vibration, along with the 30 mm tyres and wide rims. Geometry feels good, stable at speed and fairly nimble. It feels a little quicker handling than my Defy, but not night and day different. Overall fit is very similar. Early days yet, but it made a very good first impression on me. I felt right at home on it from the start.

OP, congrats on your new Moots. Quite a departure from your original list, but often the case! So many great options these days.