Old 06-30-20, 07:06 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,473 Times in 4,181 Posts
No idea on the Maxxis Velocita tire- it could be awesome or crap, I havent a clue. It certainly looks the part of a fast rolling tire, given the TPI and weight.

I ride on WTB Resolutes and love em. They inflate to 43mm tubeless on my 25mm external rims.
For me they are a good mix of speed, traction, and reliability. They seem to roll fast on pavement...fast enough for me to not feel like they are measurably sucking away power.

The 3 differences you should consider-
- WTB has tread and Maxxis doesnt. Both can be perfectly fine on hardpack dirt roads and sparse gravel. A tire with tread will often handle looser gravel or a loose top surface of dirt better than a slick because the tread can get down to the firm surface for traction. Which is best for you depends on how/where/what you ride.
- WTB is 42/43mm wide and the Maxxis is 40mm wide. That isnt much difference on paper, but it can be seen on a tire. Does the higher volume matter to you?
- WTB is tan sidewall and the Maxxis is black. Its vanity, but it seems to matter to some.