Old 07-01-21, 08:08 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2602 Post(s)
Liked 3,107 Times in 1,642 Posts
Track night was fun this week. Highlight was the 48 lap points race, where about halfway through, I made an attack that eventually seeded the winning break of 5, two of whom were pro cyclists and also on the podium at last weekend's Barrio Logan GP (pack finish for me). In retrospect, I was over extending myself on my (half lap) pulls b/c I really wanted to make sure that no one else made it up to us. When some lapped riders tried to join our paceline later and got dropped, it left a little gap that me and another rider had to close, and I just didn't have the acceleration in my legs, so I rode in behind the break for 5th.

Yesterday was interesting, PTO day for a long ride. I had to start the ride indoors and be nearby for some family/personal reasons, and ended up just doing the whole thing inside, even though I could have ventured out after 4-4.5 hr or so. I was close enough at that point that I just wanted to complete it inside for the sense of accomplishment. I spent about half of it in various group rides so that helped pass some time. Riding from the top of AdZ to Fuego Flats to find the "B" pace partner (Bowie Brevet) was a bit rough but I do feel good about the ride. Respectable z2 AP for the whole 6hr.

Off today, TT bike Friday, then some volume over the weekend with some group rides. Will be a high TSS week.
Likes For TMonk: