View Single Post
Old 12-17-20, 07:18 PM
Mulberry20

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 136 Posts
Originally Posted by 23109VC
I actually thought about looking for a leftover off eBay but I can’t find any and honestly I think to see if they came on my bike while acceptable is nothing special. It was color matched the frame but aside from that it’s nothing fantastic.

i’m guessing if I find something with similar specs I could find something easily in the 100 to 150 range that would be just as good if not lots better I’m just curious if I should stick with the flat seat or try something that slightly curved.

given how much variation there are in seats I wonder if some of the bike shops will let you take one home try it out and bring it back and swap out a handful of different seats before you actually buy one I don’t want to buy for five seats only to keep one!!!

well I don’t have any problems with my current seat for all I know I’ve just gotten used to a mediocre seat and there’s something out there that’s different than if I tried it I would love it and the only way to know is to try a whole bunch of them..

I looked up the fabric scoop it looks like a very popular seat quite a bit different from what I have made is very flat the scoop is curved.
The Scoop comes in three profiles from flat to quite a bit of curve for upright riding. I have one flat one and one mid curve and I like them both. They are very durable and well engineered, and very reasonably priced.