Old 03-12-21, 09:38 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
I had hip and lower back pain and poor mobility and flexibility for years. Cycling wasn't helping. Might have been making it worse. It was so bad I could hardly walk a mile without severe pain in my hips and lower back.

It was incredibly painful for awhile, but full body scans -- CT, MRI, X-rays -- showed no significant skeletal or joint damage other than whatever is typical for my age. I figured it should respond to physical therapy and other types of exercise. Seemed sensible to vary my workout routines for better overall flexibility.

So last autumn I cut way back on cycling and switched to long walks, then jogging, and eventually running. At first a mile or two was all I could manage. Now I'm up to 5-7 mile runs and aiming for 10 miles this month and a half-marathon by summer.

The nagging hip and lower back pain is greatly reduced. I still have some neck and shoulder pain from other injuries (hit by cars twice), but that mainly hinders me on bike rides, not so much when walking and running.