Old 07-25-21, 10:51 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6177 Post(s)
Liked 4,794 Times in 3,306 Posts
Rotator cuff injury will heal itself, but it takes 6 to 9 months or so. Then you'll likely be left with a frozen should and not even be able to lift your arm over waist level.

I tore mine and ignored doing anything about it and that's what happened to me. However all that was needed was a couple months of physical therapy 3 times a week for what was I think 2 maybe 3 months. And a few stretches by the DPT that went to my threshold of pain, but each time I could feel the something that I can only describe as a bunch of rubber bands stuck together then separating suddenly when stretched enough. Each time that happened, I regained a lot of movement pain free to that point. After the third such stretch, I was 100%.

Regardless of what you do, take the physical therapy if it's suggested. Don't be a wuss, though the PT's will say you shouldn't have any pain during therapy, I think the DPT knew there had to be a tad every now and then.

Of course depending on how bad and how much you damaged it, YMMV. Only your Orthopedic surgeon will know for sure.

P.S. I thought there was a delete function available to you until your thread is answered. So maybe you can delete that double post if you open it to edit and look around in the advanced editor.

Last edited by Iride01; 07-25-21 at 10:57 AM.