View Single Post
Old 04-11-22, 06:58 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,095 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
In some states (Alaska is one of them) there is a requirement for vehicles to move over if there is more than 5 cars backed up behind them on certain roadways. I like the concept behind that. While I may have a "right" to tow my boat on a winding mountain road, Alaska has recognized that others have a "right" to travel at the speed limit. It's common sense. It's common sense in certain circumstances where cyclists are involved as well. I get it though, some people are very important to themselves. That's why states have to create laws like Alaska's.
I looked up the Alaska statute, it only applies to motor vehicles and on two lane roads "outside of an urban area". There is nothing in that law regarding whether or not the lead vehicle is driving below or at the speed limit. This could easily be interpreted as a "right to speed" law, as someone who was driving the speed limit would have to pull over if 5 cars who wanted to exceed it had bunched up behind him.

This statute literally has nothing to do with the type of road in your OP, which is clearly within an urban area, and your "idiot" is not operating a motor vehicle. .