View Single Post
Old 05-02-22, 10:22 AM
RandolphCarter
PeopleCode delaminator

Bikes: 1986 Trek 310 Elance, 1997 Schwinn HydraGlide, 1987 Trek Antelope 800, 2003 Haro F4, 198? Allsop Offroad Climber

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 150 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by zukahn1
I like your ambition have tried this in the past doesn't work as well as one would expect. I can say from some experience that there's a very good chance of ending up with two really not so great builds or not completing either and failing to finish the challenge.
There's a 100% chance of me ending up with not so great builds.

There's also a pretty good chance I'll fail to finish. Of the Clunker Challenges that I've entered, I've finished exactly one build, a Diamondback Joker BMX bike. I got about halfway on the "ride 62 miles" part on that thing before I quit.

Originally Posted by zukahn1
Still for a cheap price I really like the Atala and would build if mine even without the challenge seems I find myself building or fixing up several bikes a year on the cheap and I live in bike desert with very few bikes and no real market for selling them. Got four cheap builds right now that I ride some and donated another 4 and did two for the local thrift store in the past year.
Good job on the donations. The Allitalia was almost free - it cost me some time helping a neighbor move furniture. I still need to take it apart and see what it needs.