View Single Post
Old 03-13-15, 07:16 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Did you take pics of yourself on the bikes? It's hard to do with just numbers. Pics can reveal a lot more, even if you just look at them yourself can compare yourself to other riders.

Those Canyons seem to have really long head tubes which seems to really shorten the reach value. They seem to be 4-5cm longer than the equivalent Hoy frame.

Personally, whenever I've seen people on ill-fitting frames, it seems like 9 out of 10 of them are on frames that are too small for them rather than too big. I'm not saying that's what's happening with you. But that's what I've experienced personally. Even my personal bikes have been too small over the years.

It seems that newbies pick a frame that is comfortable in the bike shop or one that is setup like their road bike (that is designed to be comfortable for hours). But most track races only last a few minutes.

My gut says that if you are on the fence between the L and XL, go for the XL. But, if you have a chance to go back to the shop, hop on both sizes and get into a race tuck and have the sales associate take a photo of you on both and then compare that to photos of others.

Last edited by carleton; 03-13-15 at 07:21 PM.