Thread: Stiff frames
View Single Post
Old 04-01-20, 12:56 AM
pierrej

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
I think OP should ride their current bike unless it doesn't fit.
Can you describe what you mean by not stiff enough though?
Most alloy frames would still be stiff enough for all but the strongest riders in the world and even then it wouldn't be by much, carbon is usually chosen for aero purposes.

Originally Posted by brawlo
That seems to me like you are looking at new only? If so, divert some attention to the 2nd hand market across Europe. Cervelo is a good frame no doubt, but it just isn't up to the same stiffness standards as many of the other options aimed at sprinters. Just take a look at how long it took Cervelo to come to terms with the stiffness/strength requirements of the GB sprint squad with the T5. Felt and Dolan are very good options that are (or should be) relatively cheap as well as the other options mentioned above. You should definitely be able to find a 2nd hand look that fits in your price range
The issues with the t5 were mostly to do with the weight target of the bike, they wanted them all to be 6.8kg bikes built up. Also I'm lead to believe they weren't actually built by Cervelo but a local english company whose name escapes me but might be doing the Hope bikes as well. From memory I think even Cav cracked his frame