View Single Post
Old 07-11-20, 12:20 AM
AlgarveCycling

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 291 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by Branko D
2.6kg is a big chunk of weight to save, though, especially when you weight 65kg, the impact is going to be a bit bigger, then on a 70kg rider. Still, even if I bought a 5.8kg superlight climbing bike instead of my current bike (which is also 8.4kg, funny, that), I'd be looking at a saving of maybe 3% up the steeper local climbs, which would move me from somewhere in the middle of the list in local races to somewhere also in the middle of the list.... it's a really big chunk of cash for not a big difference in placement
True in terms of the impact to me, it is very tangible. Yes too, it is a lot to spend if it isn't disposable income for marginal gains.

I'm in the Veteran class now and feature in the Top 5 for my region, the difference to me could be a podium place and which one for a particular route. Of course, I still need to qualify that since no racing at the moment but I have seen it in KOM's. Some I just wasn't getting, a couple of seconds short, I have since achieved on the Trek. It isn't just the weight, it is the aero too and how that works in tandem with the weight.
Likes For AlgarveCycling: