Old 01-24-21, 09:42 AM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
Big guys like me rule the drafting club. Big guys like me have serious issues getting up the hills. Big guys like me absolutely rule downhills as long as you keep your hands off the brakes. Kudos to all you big men for dicing it up with the more svelte crowd and enjoying it. I did so much better in my racing days when I accepted my limitations and used them for my guide. I also did much better off road racing than on road racing. Pelotons are governed by the strongest and if you are not the strongest then it is easy to get blown out by the effort of keeping up. Know your limits and accept the results of those limits. If you can improve your limits, great. If not, great, keep on riding. Two rules for bicycling, 1. Enjoy yourself 2. Repeat rule 1
Likes For tallbikeman: