Old 03-04-21, 10:47 PM
DangerousDanR

Bikes: Time Scylon, Lynskey R350, Ritchey Breakaway, Ritchey Double Switchback, Lynskey Ridgeline, ICAN Fatbike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 547 Times in 307 Posts
Our team age is now 132. So, despite the fact that we are both pledging to join a gym courtesy of our Medicare plans, we may be able to keep the hounds at bay for a while, but it will happen. And riding a tandem is very different from riding solo. My stoker finds amazing things to stop and see. Once it was a ram with big curly horns sitting in the heather. Once it was a pair of fox kittens having an evening stroll. Or the old John Deere tractor with a yellow rubber Wellie as the exhaust pipe cover. She sees things we would miss if we were both paying attention to the road.

My stoker brought up the idea of an e-bike after our last tour in the Hebrides. The one where we spent 2 hours pedaling hard riding into the wind. only to find ourselves 4.3 miles down the road! Funny thing was, the day before we had the wind at our backs and we did over 40 miles in 3 hours of riding. I am going to think of it as carrying the wind in my panniers.
Likes For DangerousDanR: