View Single Post
Old 11-23-07, 11:29 PM
Sianelle 
Sister Annie

Bikes: Retro Hercules adult tricycle, 1953 Hercules ladies roadster, 1950s Wearwell fixed gear 'Club' pathracer, 1980s Malvern Star 'Super Star', 1980s Healing GTX-105 Arabesque, 1980's Morrison Concorde & etc & etc.......

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hey I like your bike jerryt, it's a really nice solid practical bicycle. How does it run with the 600watt hub? - I bet it can fair haul.

Abneycat, my first trike, - a converted Raleigh, - had the hub motor wheel on the front, but I found after a fair bit of use that a utility trike works best if the push is where the load is. When I built up the Hercules I put the hub wheel at the back and I must say that it's a big improvement. The pedals on my trike only drive the left rear wheel, so having the motor on the right balances things out nicely. The left rear wheel is fitted with a Sachs 'Duomatic' hub and it's been really great and absolutely reliable.
'Hercules' was an English bicycle maker that ultimately was swallowed up by Raleigh. This Hercules of mine was built in India in 2005 and is just about an exact copy of my 1953 English Hercules ladies roadster bicycle. It's history is that it was purchased in India and used for touring around that country and then brought back to New Zealand whereupon it was offered for sale and I bought it with much glee.
OMNIPOTENS aeterne Deus, qui nos secundum imaginem Tuam plasmasti, et omnia bona, vera, pulchra, praesertim in divina persona Unigeniti Filii Tui Domini nostri Iesu Christi, quaerere iussisti, praesta quaesumus ut, per intercessionem Sancti Isidori, Episcopi et Doctoris, in peregrinationibus per interrete factis et manus oculosque ad quae Tibi sunt placita intendamus et omnes quos convenimus cum caritate ac patientia accipiamus. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.