Old 12-15-17, 11:18 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by krispenhartung
I forgot to mention, I already have two trainers at home, a Wahoo Kickr and a set of Elite Arion Digital B+ smart rollers, so this is mainly for a travel solution. You make a good point on the mag trainer, and that's what I'm using now for travel. But the feeling is not the same as rollers, and I still have to swap skewers out. That takes about as much time as removing the front wheel and plugging it into the front of the Omnium. So I'm opting for the Omnium for the "feel" factor. :-)
Many (most) mag trainers will accept track nuts. Every mag trainer that I've owned or used has. I've owned 3 different models of mag trainers and used half a dozen others. They all took the track nuts.

You mention feel. Rollers give great feel, but you give up a lot of feel when you bolt on a fork stand.

If you want great feel, use normal rollers with large barrels. If you want great feel with more resistance, use normal rollers with narrow barrels or lower your tire pressure. If you want narrow for travel as well, consider Kreitler Hot Dog rollers. They are more narrow than standard Kreitler rollers:

Or you can special order these from Kreitler:

(this is my old bike and rollers)

Very small, light, and traveled well...but required too much concentration to stay up. Possible, but difficult to relax on them.