I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,538 Times in 1,047 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
I believe it means that they are now going with MIPS certification, which also requires testing.

Feel free to buy a helmet that lacks certification for any independent testing, but I'm pretty sure almost all the major manufacturers are going with one sort of certification or another, or they are publicizing their VA Tech results.

People who buy helmets tend to want to be reassured that they are actually tested safety equipment. Go figure.
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Don't assume that people all feel the same way about this. Manufacturers know these certifications are very useful for marketing, especially for the premium priced helmets.
Can you provide further details about how an interested helmet purchaser can easily determine if the helmet in the store is "Certified by independent testing" for MIPs or any other safety criteria other than by stickers from the Snell Foundation. Does VA Tech or any other "independent" testing agency, besides Snell provide "certification" test results to the public, or sell their blessings, ratings and or a "certification" label to the manufacturers yet?