Old 07-04-22, 08:40 AM
KPacenti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Last of my inventory -

I am down to the last 40 of these BB shells, fork crowns and @Rivbike lug sets. With that in mind I am offering a special price on a combined lug / crown / bb shell purchase of $100.00. (shipping fees not included). Though the DT lug is designed for a 28.6 down-tube and the BB is designed for a 31.8 down-tube, the parts pair perfectly with the @Columbus_official Life down-tube available at @metalgurunation. The combination is quite elegant! Use the email address in my bio to purchase.

This is the first generation of my BB shell design, easily identifiable by the windows in the seat-tube and down-tube sockets, and the very crisp fillets between the sockets and the shell. The small fillets were intended to eliminate nearly all pre-building clean up.

I designed this shell specifically for maximum tire clearance when used with straight, fully round 22.2mm chainstays. The resulting geometry required no dimpling for tires, and just a very slight dimple for the inner chainring of a traditional double 39/53 crankset.

The good news is that these shells also work exceedingly well with pre-bent 22.2 stays, like the
@reneherse Kaisei randonneuring chainstays; allowing about 54mm of tire / fender clearance.

Like all my shells, the geometry was intended for those who prefer lots of drop (low bottom bracket height), but works perfectly well with more traditional road racing geometries, too.

• DT = 31.8mm
• ST = 28.6mm
• CS = 22.2mm

The Rivendell lug sets for sale. Not quite ephemera in the traditional sense, but a great bit of recent bicycle history. Perfect for the bicycle collector, Rivendell fan, professional framebuilder and hobbyist alike. All the main tubes are 28.6 with a 31.8 headtube (1” steer tube). The geometry is roughly -

• HT - 31.8 x 28.6 x 73*
• DT - 31.8 x 28.6 x 59*
• ST - 28.6 x 28.6 x 73*

And finally, the crowns are the 2nd generation of my Artisan crown. They a pretty svelto 126g, but with plenty of material on the sockets to modify and / or match the look of the Rivendell lugs.

They are made for 1" steer tubes and 28 x 20 'continental' fork blades. Not very wide by today's standards, but with 42mm between the tangs, still quite accommodating for fat-ish tires.