View Single Post
Old 10-09-21, 07:52 AM
DarKris

Bikes: Kona Kahuna DL Drop Bar - Sensah SRX Pro 1x11 (2012 Frame), Giant Toughroad GX 1 - Shimano Road Hydro + SLX 1x10 (2018), Diamondback Sync'r - SRAM NX 1x12 (2020)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by otis2019
Alright so I'm going to add to the fit questions. I'm 5'10"-5'11" range with an inseam 33"-33.5" (measurement error). I'm new to gravel so I'm not sure on sizing, some seem to indicate go a bit longer others not. I currently ride a Cervelo R3 road in 56cm and it seems to fit me well. I'm not a super flexible rider so I don't get real low, have a few spacer. Can get a size L right now or continue to shop and look for a M/L. Thoughts?
Fit on modern gravel bikes IMO is closer to sizing for a modern MTB. I 5'11" with a 32-33" inseam and I previously rode a size L Revolt. I sold my first Revolt last year (unrelated reason) and recently I got the Revolt Advanced in XL. This allowed me to have a higher stack height w/o using an angled stem, as well as a shorter stem and wider bars for handling that I *personally* prefer. I have plenty of standover too running 700 x 42.99? tires (If you know, you know).

TL: DR - For a Road fit, size according to your road bike. For a more MTB fit, size up.