Old 12-14-21, 05:46 PM
kevmcd

Bikes: 1983 Woodrup Giro Touring w/ Huret Duopar, Campy high flange hubs, Deore Dyna-Drive crank pedals and brakes 1987 Bridgestone MB2 bafang mid-drive added in 2015

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by alan s
Not sure how Ft. Myers is a dead end. From there you can ride up to Tampa and catch the Amtrak Palmetto. Seems just about right.

I am trying to optimize my limited days for peak scenic value. I need to be back home after 10 days as I have been assigned pet sitting duty for my daughter's young labradoodle and there is no wiggle room on that commitment.

My definition of a "credit card tour" is no sleeping bag, tent or stove so a night in Key West is not in the budget. I expect it would take me 2 days to ride from Ft Myer to Tampa and I haven't found much information on the roads or scenic attractions along the way so I will probably stick with my current plan.

The West Palm Beach trails and the Pinellas bicycle trails both have extensive good reviews so at this point my route out of Miami will be to Tri-rail or Amtrak to West Palm Beach from Miami Airport (early morning), ride a couple hours in West Palm Beach, then Amtrak from West Palm Beach to Tampa. After spending a night in Tampa I will ride across the causeway to Clearwater and spend one or two nights there exploring their bike trails and islands.