Old 05-17-22, 02:35 PM
tyrion

Bikes: Velo Orange Piolet

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2228 Post(s)
Liked 2,011 Times in 972 Posts
Originally Posted by DiabloScott
I knew I'd find some good stories in here.
For the last year and a half I've been cussing out my optometrist for giving me a crappy prescription for my right eye. Had another exam yesterday and found out my right eye has cataracts and is uncorrectable with lenses. So no hurry, but now that I know the issue, I'm highly aware of my right eye getting worse and worse - left eye is still fine and correctable to 20/20.

I'm thinking right eye surgery, distance focus, and pay extra for astigmatic correction too. I'll be fine wearing whatever glasses I need to if I can see better... won't be trying for perfect unaided vision in either eye.
I had cataract surgery a couple years ago - what an amazing transformation - I can see again!

One thing to be aware of with regards to scheduling: I was told, after each surgery (I've had 2 - both eyes) was "no running, swimming, or cycling for 6 weeks". So plan for that down time. My surgeries basically cancelled my cycling for the summer of 2020. If I could do it over I'd do the surgeries in the winter.