View Single Post
Old 06-15-22, 06:24 PM
capnjonny 

Bikes: Miyata 610(66cm), GT Vantara Hybrid (64cm), Nishiki International (64cm), Peugeot rat rod (62 cm), Trek 800 Burning Man helicopter bike, Bob Jackson frame (to be restored?) plus a never ending stream of neglected waifs from the Bike exchange.

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 229 Posts
Stealth Paramount????

Cruising the racks at the Bike Exchange I spied this ragamuffin that had just arrived. The stickers and flat pedals couldn't hide the thoroughbred underneath. Barely legible from the side but clear on the front forks the magic words Paramount. No Schwinn markings though. Some kind of knock off? Then I remembered that there was a non Schwinn version , the Waterford Paramount which I think this is.
The serial number is on the head tube and reads 1A 02973. It carries all Campi - front and rear derailleurs, crank, brakes, 8 speed brifters, and seat post. The bars are 3ttt.

I am going to de sticker it and clean everything. The white paint seems to have extensive craquelure but I don't want to repaint it.
The rear wheel is toast, a spoke pulled out of the rim leaving a pretty big hole but I have a selection of wheels to replace it with .
Check out the pics please and give me any additional info that you might have. I would like to know the year and if anyone knows of a catalogue scan that would be great. As is the bike weighs a little under 24 lbs.

I couldn't read the name on the stem . Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks everyone

Last edited by capnjonny; 06-15-22 at 06:29 PM.
Likes For capnjonny: