Old 05-19-23, 02:53 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked 486 Times in 351 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
When I have a pothole in front of me I just unweigh the front wheel and lift the front wheel by shifting my weight backwards and ride over it and do the same with the rear wheel, easily done with grippy MTB style platform pedals, i do exact same thing when riding over a log or a rock when riding singlestrack trails i don't need clipless pedals just to be able to ride over obstacles.
Id think about it differently. Since you have platform pedals, you have the privilege to be able to practice bunny hopping obstacles without the crutch of clipless pedals. Bunny hopping without them will improve your form and you won’t have to cheat and ultimately relearn how to hop.

Clipless pedals help one bunny hop in the same way that bumpers help one learn how to bowl and training wheels help one learn how to ride a bike. You’re better off without them if you want to do it right, until you master it that is.

to answer the thread, clipless pedals allow you to go 100% and really sprint. Like when running going fully all out. Honestly though lots of people don’t bother doing this, I rarely ever do. Riding all out balls to the wall is inefficient and hard lol.

also someone link that video in Brazil of the dude drafting a truck at like 75 mph and bunny hopping over bumps.

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 05-19-23 at 02:58 PM.