pope_face
Mr. Grenade who likes pie

Bikes: Dahon Speed P8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lug
Sorry gang, wasn't meaning to ignore my own post. Got busy with other projects and back burnered this one. The fork wasn't my biggest worry as I would have probably gotten a replacement from Thor. That Jetstream one was calling to me just because it looks neat. The show stopper is the tweeked frame. At this point I will probably be scrapping it out and start saving up for a new folder as bare frames seem to be unobtainium here in the US.
Lug
I recently found an S1 Boardwalk local to me that I was considering picking up for parts (I want the upper part of the stem/handlebars, seat post, derailleur, etc); I wonder how much shipping would run for a bare frame and fork out to AK. Unfortunately, I'm in Eastern Canada, but if you have happen to strip the bike and want to weigh/measure the frame and fork, I can try to figure out how much shipping would run. Having said that, the bike I was looking at had a "dent" on the left side of the frame, just behind the headset; as far as I can tell, this is standard for the S1 Boardwalks, but I haven't been able to find a good picture of a bike that shows this for comparison.