Old 08-29-20, 03:29 PM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
Those are all good bikes, it is just a matter of picking your poison. Normally I would say test ride them but I know that is difficult in these times.

Aluminum frame is fine, you aren't missing much by going to carbon. You will get minor differences in the Trek Domane. With the carbon series you get the ISO speed front and rear which really helps with comfort. It won't make you faster or stronger but comfort might matter. Most times, but not always carbon is lighter but remember the bike itself is only part of the whole package which includes what you weigh.

Shimano 105 is a great groupset. To me it is the bare minimum when buying a bike for those who want to get serious.

Brakes, that is a can of worms in these forums so I will just give my opinion. Disc brakes have many advantages, like being able to use larger tire that caliper brakes can't handle well. It is all in the design. Hydraulic brakes are easy on the hands especially when it is cold and wet and you are trying to bring the bike to a stop. I also find that they modulate better. I have owned every style of brake out there and after trying hydraulic disc brakes I would never go back to anything else. Others are fine with cable actuated and even with rim brakes.

It may all come down to what is in stock and if you want the bike this year. The shops that I have been visiting here in Toronto have been pretty empty so grab what you can. Good luck on what ever you buy. As I said you can't go wrong with any of those that you chose.
Likes For blakcloud: