View Single Post
Old 01-10-23, 06:42 AM
classic carl
Old newbie

Bikes: 2022 Trek Emonda SL 5, 2002 Klein Quantum, 2000 Trek 8000, 2011 Trek 7.5 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 77 Times in 22 Posts
My first ride of 2023 didn't go as planned. I developed a cut sidewall on my rear (tubeless) tire after only 13 miles on New Year's Day. Fortunately, It was a slow leak and I was only .7 miles from my car. I was able to ride back to it.
I spend the winter in Florida and only bring one bike with me. I did bring a couple of new tires with me because the pair on the bike had about 2,100 miles on them, but no sealant. I just had them rotated and re-sealed before I left PA.
I went to a local shop in Sebring and they installed and sealed the new tire while I waited.
The 4 rides since then have all been at least 35 miles, which is my norm. Below is my winter ride, a 2002 Klein Quantum with the Plum Crazy paint job, that I bought new. I'm thinking about hanging a new 11 speed drivetrain on it when I get back home in the spring. I can't decide whether to stay with silver components or go with black. I'm leaning towards black, but the silver would look more original. Any thoughts?

Last edited by classic carl; 01-10-23 at 06:49 AM.
Likes For classic carl: