View Single Post
Old 11-05-21, 06:44 PM
biker128pedal

Bikes: 2022 Fuel EX 8, 2021 Domane SL6, Black Beta (Nashbar frame), 2004 Trek 1000C for the trainer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 267 Posts
Originally Posted by Troul
I'd hope that Trek would stand behind there product if something were to happen.

Trek is the only road bicycle that offers what I require for features & to add accessories, it would be much easier to buy for than a custom carbon frame from what I have found.
For a Trek ask the dealer if they will honor their warranty if you do the build. I broke a 15 year old Madone last spring. Just took in the frameset with the receipt. That was important as Trek bought out the shop and even thought I registered with Trek when new I needed the receipt. Anyway I had a choice of a new Elmonda frameset with headset or credit. The frame was direct mount rim brake so I’d have to buy brakes and bottom bracket. I took the credit and paid the difference for a new Domane. I was happy. I have all the old parts and the fork with headset. Building up an old 1000 C for a rain bike and put a rack on it for trips to the store. If I can find a fort to fit 40mm tire may be good for bikepacking.

So go talk to the dealer.