Thread: Why cruiser?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-21, 07:18 AM
Elco
Elco

Bikes: aluminium Concorde Cipressa roadbike , my homebrew/rebuild Trek District (hybride) TT aluminium /magnesium fixed roadbike, Giant Boulder team aluminium /magnesium A.T.B. and last yet definitely not least Scapin Enki full carbon roadbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
easy moded

i have had some run up's with the one-piece crankset's n the past , with no succes
i did not know the open ball-bearing mech is really one of the best to repair or even modify if it's really necessary.

even if it is really necessary ...thats my main aim right here .....
the bikes i tried to fix where rusted or just KAPUT.. and it would de-motivate one to keep up the goodwork and try to fix the broken bike...and get rid of rust whilst at it.
when changing a one-piece crankset
there's just a few things to keep in mind ...in case of interchanging gear.
the size of the bearing...the size of frame mount.or bearing cup's inside the frame.
and you'll have to take of a padle at one side of the crank to remove the bearing ..
to put new grease you'll don't have to take of the padle.
and the front sprocket ..has to fit ...there some difference in sprocket tooth assembly..
some have a hole to fit a peg ....some don't...

when things are broke down and need a bit of grease and good lovin' to work properly.
now-a-days broke stuf doesn't want to get fixed ....the big company's don't want you to.
or at the least they' don't put in any effort in making bikes last longer ..for regular abuse...
it's like art, and the tech on it don't make it easier for regular folk's very much like myself :
who just want bikes to be working " to keep the bikes on the road "
so now i have been building these crank mech's up and runnin' ..
because it's the best system to overhaul...you'll find the one piece-crank on just about any bike..
including kids- bike's ..BMX..even the beach-cruiser comes with the open ball-bearing mech on it ...AWESOME!

Last edited by Elco; 01-09-21 at 09:51 AM.