View Single Post
Old 06-28-22, 09:16 PM
VegasJen

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked 553 Times in 299 Posts
I'm probably going to Hell for this...

Was sitting at a stop light in town today and just happened to glance over as this guy was riding a bike. It was a small BMX style bike and this was an adult man, no helmet, no gloves. Obviously not a cyclist, just someone using the bike as get-around transportation. Well, he's cutting across the gravel shoulder between a store parking lot and the cross walk at the light. I don't know if he hit something or just cranked on the front brake for no good reason but he endo'd the bike.

I know I shouldn't laugh at something like this. Eventually we all go down. I have. A couple times. But I couldn't help myself. What made it funny is that he wouldn't let go of the handlebars so he ended up face-planting in the dirt (again, no helmet), then as if that weren't bad enough after he finally did let go of the bars, the momentum carried the bike over. By this time he had rolled over onto his back and to add insult to injury, the bike hit him in the face again. I did not laugh at that.

I almost asked if he was injured and needed assistance but he sprung up real quick and hopped back on the bike like nothing happened. I didn't see any bleeding and he appeared to have full ROM. I think his pride took the biggest hit. OK, now I'm laughing.

Always wear the gear, even if you're just puttering around. I've found old helmets in Goodwill for as little as $3.