Old 05-11-19, 11:12 AM
wphamilton

Bikes: Nashbar Road

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
If I were you, I think I'd want to find something better to do than "wait for the day" you get to say "I told you so". I know I'm taking the chance that I won't catch an incident "on tape", ...
That "told you so" seldom works anyway. One person would think that stopping road center, in the intersection turning paths, where you already know it's a dangerous intersection, and then having an inattentive driver almost run over you would prove that you stopped in a dangerous place while another will think it proves how effective his camera was because he caught the driver being inattentive. Priorities and perspective.

I sometimes kind of want one for when something interesting happens on a ride, and I've even messed around with BT pairing one phone as video for the other (to double the use as a rear view display). But it's always too much hassle for the utility, so the advocacy has failed to convince. If someone actually hit me, and I was riding 100% legally at the time, I might wish that I had it recorded. But without a good body of precedent where the video was the difference in court or with insurance liability, it's hard to project any probabilities into that.