Every day a winding road

Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3394 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Rob_E
I

Thanks. This will be my 3rd visit to Pittsburgh in 3 years, and every time I say, "I need to plan it so that I get to spend more time exploring the city." But yet again, I didn't. I have a place to stay, and by the time I get the bike reassembled and get checked in, I only hope I have enough time/energy to bike around for a little and see the sights for a brief time before bed. Next time, though, I will have to make sure I leave more time for exploring.

You should at least take the time out to visit Bicycle Heaven.

I live near the Pittsburgh Airport. About 10-12 miles to the city but I have a route that is either down hill or mostly flat.

If you are coming in by train would mean you are backtracking but as long as it is a night before a weekend I could pick you up at the station.

If you are renting a car then it is easy. Just drop it off at the airport and then it is mostly bike trail to my place. The last bit road up a steep hill but again I could pick you up.

Or if you did not want to stay here but want to drop the car at the airport then you can take the Montour Trail to the GAP. Well worth seeing. There is camping not far from the turnoff from the airport trail segment. If you took the Montour it might mean missing the city but there are options to ride the Montour and see the city tooo.