View Single Post
Old 09-06-19, 06:29 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,677 Times in 827 Posts
I keep thinking about this video.

First, there should be a requirement for all motorized vehicles to display a front license plate.

Yes, it seems that the cyclist have been riding to the right of the rumble strips, which would have provided a warning to drivers who drift...but we don't know all the details of that stretch of road. But even so, a vehicle shouldn't hit another slower vehicle in the roadway.

This made me think of a couple of roads I occasionally ride that have no practical shoulder. I ride with a take a look mirror which is wonderful for seeing traffic coming up behind me; but I wonder if I would have caught that car which seems to drift or swerve fairly close to impact. And even if I had, would there have been time to react and move out of danger.

Based on the video it seems as if the driver is looking into the sun. Did the cyclist have a rear light to help be seen? Would it have even helped?

Of course the driver has a lot to answer for, too.

What a chilling video.
Likes For BobbyG: