View Single Post
Old 02-05-21, 07:38 PM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by steelbikeguy
while I was going through one of my old magazines, I was reminded of the hazards of making moral/ethical compromises, and how that can put one onto the slippery slope to infamy....

[[i]Lance Armstrong image]

if that's not a warning to future generations of cyclists, I'm not sure what is.
To quote this overview page on Doping in the TdF of Wikipedia:
14 of the 25 most recent winners (56%) have either failed tests or have confessed to have used doping. Together with those who failed tests but never sanctioned, 68% of the winners evidently used doping as detailed in the table below.

And from this site:
In addition, of the 81 different riders who finished in the top-10 of the Tour de France during this period, 65% have been caught doping, admitted to blood doping, or have strong associations to doping and are suspected cheaters.

More importantly for Lance Armstrong, during the 7-year window when he won every Tour de France (1999-2005), 87% of the top-10 finishers (61 of 70) were confirmed dopers or suspected of doping.
So clearly the lesson here is Don't get caught

Alternatively:

Last edited by JaccoW; 02-05-21 at 07:43 PM.
Likes For JaccoW: