Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4729 Post(s)
Liked 1,531 Times in 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by RChung
I talked with Chris and Jon about their test protocols a while back but I don't know exactly what the road surface looked like -- they were using a not very trafficked dead end road near their offices that had a little slope up to a turnaround point and I got the impression that the surface was not silky smooth because it led up to some industrial site. They're using the Aerolab Tech sensor now and although I haven't seen the sensor itself yet, I've been told that the data quality others have been getting out of it is good. I'll have to reserve judgement until I see the data myself but Chris and Jon sell wheels, not tires, so the rolling resistance component was sort of a side issue, not their main goal. They're trying to figure out how to design a wheel that will go with a fast tire so they want to know what a fast tire is. This is a long way of saying that until I see the data (or get a sensor myself) I would look at general trends but not exact differences between tires.
The problem is that for the wheels they're selling, their actual product webpages recommend air pressures quite a bit lower than 95psi.