Old 04-26-21, 07:03 PM
stuff shredman

Bikes: 2020 S-Works Tarmac - Sagan Edition /// 2016 Intense Tracer T275C ///

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 28 Posts
This one is pretty clear to me.
The kids were riding in a manner that would get any auto driver arrested. Wheelies? No big deal. Riding on the wrong side of the road playing chicken with cars? THat's an issue. Running from the police and endangering other road users? THat's an issue.

There were several cop cars involved in the initial chase. The boys were lucky to have stopped for one of the officers that was willing to let them go without applying the law (reckless driving, no license, etc.. things that WOULD get an auto driver a tix) as long as the kids listened to his advice.

After the other cops arrived, it's unfortunate that the fella started to run his piehole. He ruined the chance for generosity, for the cops to look the other way from the infractions. People need to learn when not to run their mouth.

I teach my boys to stand up for what they believe, but also be smart about it. I learned almost the exact same lesson when I was about 14 and got my BMX bike confiscated. I remember thinking it so funny how my buddy said to the cop, "but your trunk will get all muddy!" We laughed until we explained to our fathers what happened. It was a good lesson for me, and hopefully it will be a good lesson for these boys. Belligerently arguing with the cops will NEVER end well for you, as we've seen time and time again. Learn the lesson young. File a formal complaint if you feel you've been wronged.

Anyway, the boys had ticketable offenses and are lucky just a few had bikes impounded. Hopefully they'll be wiser as a result

EDIT: I checked out the video kid's YouTube channel. They have videos of riding wheelies in the mall and through shopping stores. Not cool. Has had several run-ins with the police, and doesn't seem to be learning

Last edited by stuff shredman; 04-26-21 at 07:30 PM.
Likes For stuff shredman: