View Single Post
Old 06-06-21, 01:05 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1856 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Originally Posted by panzerwagon
No worries and agreed on all your points. I was unaware until your mention that retro roadies thread had been moved— what a poor choice. Moderators are going to have to make some metaphysical decisions on what makes a c&v bike. Apparently it all boils down to the shifting mechanism employed. Yikes!
I don't want the Mods to decide on such a thing unilaterally. I would like to see an Ad-Hoc Group of Honorary Greybeards (AHGHG) given a case of beer and a Zoom link, to talk together and see if a consensus on definitions and diversity can be reached. One principle should be Don't change anything more than is necessary.

AHGHGQualifications: don't have to like beer, don't have to have beards, don't have to be able to grow a beard, don't have to be honorable, but do have to care about discussions and learning about the older days of biking and some facility with language.
Likes For Road Fan: