View Single Post
Old 06-22-21, 06:40 PM
Dancing Skeleton

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Zaskar
PeteHski ... wow. I didn't really think people gave a ***** about a little spray on their bikes. But I guess it's a thing. I'm lookin at you now tomato coupe ;-)

Come on guys. We supposed to be athletes. These are supposed to be tools of our sport. Plus, the time it takes me too wipe/rinse off that spray will likely be less than the time it didn't take to change a tube - OR getting the grease off my fingers and chain stay from pulling/reinstalling a rear wheel.

Maybe it's my BMX, then MTB background and now gravel riding that's set a different level of acceptable use/abuse for the bikes. You could draw blood on the rough pits/scratches on my gravel bike's crank arms. Hell, even the seat tube is pitted from rocks hitting it. But you know what... it's just a bike.
No, the stuff made a mess, sealant got everywhere. Aside form that, I like a clean (road) bike, I've got a little ADD about it. I'm OK with my mixed-terrain bike being dirty, but not my road bike.

Originally Posted by chaadster
Do you? I think you *imagine* the tires were crap, because you’re talking about a tire that debuted at the world tour level back in ‘12 or ‘13 (as the One), and can still be found there today (e.g. under Team Canyon/SRAM). Do you really believe top level pro teams use crap?! Teams which have hundreds of thousands of dollars and careers on the line are less discriminating than you, who is all in for a couple hundred $ max? C’mon, dude.

It would be smarter to acknowledge that the Pro One was not the right tire for your application, or that you simply had a run of bad luck.
Well it's not like I wrote that someone's kids were ugly, I just wrote that those tires were crap, and they were, at least to me. On that note, I like (and own several ) Trek bikes with Sram components. I'd be wealthy if I had a nickel for every "junk", "garbage", "crap" etc. comment about those two brands here on BF. So it's just a matter of personal experience & opinion.
FWIW, I loved the way that those tires rolled, I was definitely fast on them, but at least the one's that I had were junk, garbage, crap.