Thread: Pedal taps
View Single Post
Old 01-19-22, 10:30 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Originally Posted by UniGeezer
They look closer than they actually are due to the outward flair of the bevels at the top of the holes, plus the scratch marking from where the pedals tighten and seat against the cranks. Those are 7050 solid aluminum, so that spacing is not likely to pose an issue, at least not the first 800 miles so far. 🙂
I would not want to find out. Especially not on a unicycle yeeesh.

If you want shorter cranks you might reach out to Lennard Ziin, he and his company does do custom cranks and I bet you could get them in ISIS either through him or Joseph Kuosac (who I think he might use for some of his stuff anyway). I also see that Kris Holm does short cranks as well even has a 110mm length and they look like really nice cranks and some neat Unis which I kinda want.

In terms of tapping if you need new threads typically that is done through Helicoil. I am pretty sure I saw this above but to reiterate you need material to create threads so the Helicoil insert provides that when you have trashed yours (which I did recently on a NDS arm which is being replaced under warranty)