Old 01-20-22, 12:15 PM
jonathanf2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked 1,045 Times in 442 Posts
Originally Posted by Elvo
Get a running start and get as aero as possible which probably means slamming the stem and sitting on the top tube. Also 50x11 is too low, you would need something like 55x11 at 120 rpm to beat 44 mph
Darn, not really looking to buy a new crankset, though I do have a BSA compatible crank on my single speed bike. I could temporarily swap my current crank and get a cheap 56t chainring off Amazon just for this segment and run it 1x. Only problem it's a PITA to get to that segment since I need to hill climb to get there. I have a 1cm spacer between my stem and top tube, would slamming it even further make much difference? Also I'm on a slightly smaller frame and my stem runs at 130mm, so it's pretty easy for me to go super aero tuck and ride the top tube. Also you think weight cutting would help get more speed for the descent? I'd have no problem carb cutting for a week and reduce 10 pounds off my body just for this challenge. My riding buddies think I'm a bit crazy obsessing over this short road segment, but I like the idea of trying to overcome a miniature challenge that no one will even know about!

Last edited by jonathanf2; 01-20-22 at 12:20 PM.