Old 01-24-22, 10:07 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked 6,377 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by mhespenheide
I'm out. And disappointed about it. I'm not a big presence on this board, but I would have liked to have said "hi" to the few people I know / have met. I need to head down that way to take care of some overdue business, but my schedule really only works earlier in April and I can't justify the time and risk to head down twice in a short time frame. I have a two-year old who is, of course, unvaccinated. And I'm paranoid about protecting him if I can.

I hope to sneak in a ride of the Scalatores route while I'm down there. If I can, I'll report back with conditions. I don't know that I'll do Kiler Canyon since it's a private road. I might well take Peachy Canyon, just to the north.

Having moved to the Seattle area, I'll look for some rides/meetups in the area this summer.
Parinoid = prudent, very wise with the uncertainty of this whole s**tshow, better safe than sorry.

I just retired from the hospital partly for the uncertainty of it all, I have enough nagging problems without worrying about or having to deal directly with all that.