View Single Post
Old 02-16-22, 12:09 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by jack pot
well Mr Massachusetts guy Im glad you know my Texas roads so well and since you pointed out what a "safe" road this is, I will make this additional comment. Where these guys got hit is 2 lanes and no shoulder. There are 20 to 40 blind curves between saratoga and cleveland Tx. This 30 mile stretch of road is mainly used by logging trucks and oilfield trucks and backwoods crazies revving their pick up trucks. On the weekends the moto rocketeers are knee dragging in both directions. Any people riding bicycles on 787 aint planned ahead very well and are risking curses and injuries.............Outrage at the DA driver aside, knee jerk defenses of bicycle guys who needlessly expose themselves to harm aint conducive to safer biking and in this case there were a lot of safer east west backroads in the area than 787.

And...
Here's why I hate these threads.

Go ahead, the whole road is on google maps, link us up to images of the 20-40 "twisties" you claim are there. I ride roads with that layout a lot. I don't have a close calls on them.