Old 09-27-22, 08:43 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9656 Post(s)
Liked 6,366 Times in 3,506 Posts
Originally Posted by cxwrench
I'm pretty sure my 'professional' experience is equal to or most likely much greater than theirs. In my opinion many people w/ your bike shop guy's experience don't know anywhere near as much as you or they think they do. As I've posted previously it would be very hard to have a 'manufacturing defect'. I can tell you with absolute certainty there are no 'seams' in that area. There are probably some overlapping pieces in specific areas for added strength but at the very least there are 3 layers of carbon that run the length of the stay. Also see the photo of the bike w/ the missing stay. Many bikes today could probably be ridden without seatstays.

You don't understand how this process works. The resin is already in the carbon when it's manufactured. The bike factory doesn't add any. That's why it's call PRE-PREG. 'Voids' are not all common when pre-preg is used. You should do some research before making such uninformed posts.
Ive had lots of experience with the process through my sailing days, but I’m not going to argue with you.