View Single Post
Old 05-13-21, 05:11 PM
MagicHour

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Thanks, I'm getting similar mileage with Dumonde Tech Lite I mentioned above, but it does go sticky and attract grit pretty easily which is good to hear about the Silca not doing that. May give it a try.

Originally Posted by PeteHski
I've only been running it for a couple of months, so still figuring it out. I did a 150 km dry race a few weeks ago and it was fine for that distance and I didn't re-apply any more lube for at least another 100 km afterward. I would say after about 200 km the drivetrain starts to make a little more noise, so that's when I have been re-applying it so far. The chain and cassette still look very clean after about half a dozen applications. Just a quick wipe over with a micro-cloth and re-apply one drop per link. So far I'm liking it more than Squirt, which I used for many years. The Silca seems to penetrate right down into the chain links when you apply it and doesn't create any sticky residue after a ride.

I got the idea of trying Silca from reading the lab tests on zerofrictioncycling.com.au