Old 04-11-22, 11:16 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by qwaalodge
I think they react more to patterns and contrast. Dogs are familiar with wasps and may react defensively if the color patterns you wear makes you look like a wasp from a distance. Helmet and dark eyewear can make you look like a wasp, worse if you got stripes on your shirt or pants.

In addition to being the odd guy, you may also get attacked if you get associated with threats, like appearing like a wasp. Often dogs will also associate the smell of alcohol as a threat signal. The smell of exotic foods (particularly exotic meat) are often treated the same as alcohol.

Again, citations needed.

Dogs don't attack bees and wasps, that's idiotic. And you seriously think a dog is going to mistake a rider on a bike for a wasp?

Go ahead, produce one link of any kind supporting these inane assertions. I'm sure dogs can be trained to be aggressive towards people with certain smells, but I've never seen anything published or in real life that indicates that alcohol smells trigger dogs. And what the hell is an exotic food? Talk about relative terms.
Likes For livedarklions: