Thread: Hi from Indy
View Single Post
Old 08-14-22, 07:46 AM
Groover

Bikes: Sanwa - The Li'l Brown Bear, Schwinn Suburban, Schwinn Speedster, Trek Alpha 4300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Hi from Indy

Been cycling all my life, but moved to Indy a few years ago and became an empty-nester. Recently back into cycling a bit, with some free time on my hands and a city that despite its horrible roads has some nice urban trails and is relatively flat. I own a Trek 4300 MTB that I picked up when I live in Alaska. It's a comfy ride and all (just put some Double Fighters on it) but my passion right now is a franken-fixie that my son left me when he graduated college. It's a Sanwa frame (which seems to be a bit of a mystery) with a mish-mash of parts. I've been riding it around town and enjoying the excitement of urban cycling. Just swapped the drop handlebars for bullhorns (cause I don't like to ride that low in a city). I'd be out right now, but it just rained... so I'm here researching fenders. Glad to be with you all. This forum is a great resource. My previous passion was restoring a 1964 Mercury Comet (with that same son). Cycling is much cheaper with faster rewards

Last edited by Groover; 08-14-22 at 01:55 PM.