prairiepedaler
Banned.

Bikes: Looking for "the One"

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 212 Posts
Originally Posted by gugie
I feel for you Canadians. I've shipped a few racks and decaleurs up north, shipping and duties really hurts. Just sending to Vancouver, B.C. (which isn't that far from Portland, Oregon) is the same pain. I have a few customers that have friends or P.O. Boxes in Blaine, WA for that reason.
Thank man. We get hammered. I wanted to buy a bike that is listed for sale in Bellingham and a BF member offered to step up and bring it back over to the BC side (thank you!) but that kind of fizzled due to costs.

Americans can import US$800 before being targeted for duty and probably more if the customs agent is too busy to process it. Up here, it is a $20 threshold - in CDN. Many times if ordering in a set of C$60 duty value tires (from CR in Ireland) we don't get dinged - too much hassle for the border agent for a low value item. Other times, if said agent isn't as busy or they are given quotas by superiors, then that same set of $60 tires receives the full body cavity search tax & duty treatment.

But, this thread is about the V.O. sale. Take advantage of it guys if you live in the CONUS! I bought a couple of their steering dampers a few years ago, along with some pulleys and a few other small items.