Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Cross Country: Riding the Final State

Originally Posted by jppe
we're closer to Boston and the Atlantic so all is good
Originally Posted by dhender02
I'm reading your post EVERYDAY and throughly enjoying it!!….Definitely living, errr riding, vicariously through you.

Keep the posts coming!!

Not sure what I'm going to do when you finally make it to Boston, maybe chair the JPPE Withdrawal Anonymous group..
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
jppe's junkies ?
…My particular interest is spurred because my wife and I did a cross-country ride back in 1977, and,
Originally Posted by jppe
If I were to do a route that finished near Boston could you provide local knowledge on cycling around that area? ...
Consider me as Metro Boston's Ambassador to BikeForums.
@jppe is now in Massachusetts, and anticipates arriving in Boston on Sunday. We have made arrangements to meet in Wayland MA at this venue (see below) about 20 miles from the terminus, likely to become one of the National Shrines of his Route...jppe has put Route 20 on the map!
Originally Posted by SteveB.
Please do not stop with these or make them shorter.They are true gems of the bicycling Internet.

I suspect that for years now, we will be referencing your posts for info on how Google helped, experiences thru Chicago, etc

Great stuff that I look forward to every day.
+10. I’m particularly anticipating the post of his last leg of the trip.

It just occurred to me that this is the first time I have followed a tour (or long race, e.g. TdF, RAAM) consistently in approximately real time.

If I may ask, was the itinerary pre-planned, to the day?...point to point?...just starting and end points? No immediate reply necessary, but this is what I'll ask in Boston.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Nikon Download 6-8-13 090.jpg (97.9 KB, 106 views)
Nikon Download 6-8-13 092.jpg (95.3 KB, 104 views)
Nikon Download 6-8-13 093.jpg (95.7 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 09-23-16 at 06:17 PM.