View Single Post
Old 04-12-24, 03:01 AM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10246 Post(s)
Liked 5,205 Times in 2,232 Posts
So, that group ride, I treated it like a race, since lord knows when I will get to race again. My best bud was there, so we kind of worked together. I have no top end, my sprint game is legendary in the sense that it doesn’t exist.
I can pull and lead out for an extremely long time, so that’s what I did. Attacked on multiple occasions, and would lead my buddy out to the sprints. I train on the regular, but this was probably the best VO2 max workout I have done in a while. Something about “race” environment allows me to push myself harder than when I train alone, also able to suffer a lot longer.

Raised my FTP 16 points, so it’s now officially where I already thought it was.

Group ride was this past Wed night.
Yesterday was active recovery ride for an hour.

Today is 5x5 VO2 max intervals. With the new zone numbers for the higher FTP, this should be interesting. Also, legs are still kind of burning from Wed. I’ll give it a go and if I cant hold power on the first set then I will pull the plug and AR it out.

Tomorrow, depending on how today goes, will be LAJs third circle from hell. 4x40/20 3x10/50 1 hr tempo with 330 burst every 3 mins

Sunday: 3x20 threshold.

Then I go to work. Typically no bike riding when I am at work, but I’ll spend Monday in MsP and a BF guy lives there, so I’ll ride with him.
Likes For bampilot06: