Thread: Dahon EEZZ
View Single Post
Old 03-18-12, 05:06 AM
jur

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
My guess is it won't be that expensive to buy - that would be shooting themselves in the foot big time. The Dahon Curl is one (assumed by me) fiasco they wouldn't like to repeat.

(Why do I think the Curl is a fiasco? Well they tried to design a Brompton-like fold; the result after years of dragging on, and several prototypes, is a bike with a geared bottom bracket because of an impractically small chain ring, a rather odd un-Dahon-like look, and not even an attempted marketing in the US. I can't readily explain why it is available in China - perhaps they are relying on low labour rates and cheap componentry to squeeze a profit from this vulture project. Who knows, perhaps it will actually take off over there. The Far East is a much better market for folding bikes that the West.)

(Why do I think the Jifo and its newer brethren such as the EEZZ is not a fiasco? The quick time to market, the apparent quick development time, the big launch and the retention of the Dahon looks I think is key. My guess is they are already testing geared versions of this EEZZ to replace the discontinued Curve.)